Tuesday, February 25, 2014

In poetry class we have been writing haikus. These short poems strive to capture a snapshot of a image that is often related to nature. I want to capture the emoting and image like a haiku. I've been working on the watercolor and going back with a pencil and adding shading next to the watercolor. I don't want the piece to fall flat so I am treating the parts that are not in water color as a realistic portrait. I have also been working on more faces that draw from my concentration last year with human and animal. So far I have not been as successful with some of the animals. I want to add more emotion in the eyes of the people an animals to create a balance between minimalist watercolor and my highly detailed realistic style of drawing.

1 comment:

  1. Can you post pictures of these pieces? Have you ever thought about an artist statement that's a haiku? It could be an interesting way to talk about your work.

    ReplyDelete