Wednesday, December 25, 2013

I want to blend my intricate detailed style of drawing with minimal more minimal styles with watercolor. To integrate the two styles I want to create soft environments with certain elements in great details. After creating this teapot and vase I experimented with the different variations in size and shapes. I used other interesting minimal designs such are the spout of the teapot like a milk cartoon. I also wanted to make the sides different. One square for the thumb and 4 shallow squares for the fingers. The vase was put together so that the two sides are mirror images of each other. Both can hold water and are made out of slabs. I want to continue building these sculptures and incorporate them into more of my 2D pieces.

1 comment:

  1. Lily, it's great to see you stepping outside your comfort zone. Both the media and the minimalist style is surprising from me to see. It's very helpful to see your artwork in this post. Moving forward, plan to include an image of what you're working on. Even if it didn't work out the way you planned or if it's not finished yet, it's still helpful to see.

    ReplyDelete